NEEM, is registered under the “National Employability Enhancement Mission” (NEEM) of AICTE (F.No 37-3/Legal/AICTE/2013) as per the AICTE Act of 1987 where in AICTE in exercise of its powers conferred under sub section 1 of section 23 read with section 10 of the All India Council for Technical Education Act, 1987 (52 of 1987). Section 23 of the Act grants AICTE the power to make regulations generally not inconsistent with the provisions of and to carry out the purposes of the Act.
The scheme “NEEM” has social perspective the most perfect way to teach any subject is giving the students on job training and at the same time providing him/her the relevant theory knowledge of the subject concerned. On Job training is an integral part of NEEM Scheme. Here, the fees are borne by the beneficiary industry and in addition to that, the students are paid stipend also to take care of their livelihood.
- The selection of a NEEM trainee does not constitute an employment contract with NEEM agent / company/ industry where the NEEM trainee is placed for training under the NEEM scheme.
- Agreement will be signed with all the trainees as per norms of NEEM scheme.
- BSA will design customized courses in concern with company.
- Student will be issued course completion certificate by BSA and University.
- No Limitation as per as working hours / shifts are concerns.
- Part of CSR Activity and will not attract income.
- Get an opportunity to learn a job skill and earn an employment.
- Economical independence as he receives a stipend.
- Quality Work Experience, with reputed organizations.
- Better job /career opportunity and acceptance by the industries.
- Creating employment opportunities
- Gets Trained & Groomed Employee as per the required skill set
- Improves Efficiency & Productivity of the company
- Part of CSR Activity (contributing for the development of National Human Capitals & spreading education to the under privileged sector)
- This will not be an employment contract or a Labor contract hence the law pertaining to Labor /employment/ is not applicable.
- Industry can develop its own Skilled Manpower according to its requirements & work culture
- Clear legal structure to take candidates for a test drive with no obligation to hire
- Building a pipeline for bottom of the pyramid hiring
- Single window for all national compliance
- Possible lower attrition given apprenticeship credit and degree connectivity
Stipend shall be paid as a single consolidated amount, and such payment will not attract any statutory deductions or payments applicable to regular employees since the NEEM contract assures training & does not constitute employment.
- Either party can terminate by giving a prior notice before 30 days.
- Employee Compensation Act 1923 is mandatory & PA
- Mediclaim policies are optional
- As per Company policy and can work in all three shifts.
- Leaves & Holidays as per Company policy.